BREATH Eco Tour
Dear friend, welcome to the first BREATH Eco Tour around the Baikal Region.
During the trip from 9 to 19 August, you will be able to get acquainted not only with the good old Lake Baikal, but also with one of his beloved brothers,
the mighty and majestic Sayan Mountain Range.
9 August: All-Russia Save Baikal Cleanup Olkhon Island
On 9-10 August, within the framework of the EcoYear in Russia, the Olkhon Island will host the international Save Baikal eco campaign.
Olkhon is known as the largest and most sacred island on the Lake Baikal, with many legends told about it.
This event will bring together guests from all over Russia and the world, as well as natives of the Irkutsk Region,
Buryat Republic and the Olkhon Island.
The campaign will include:
- Cleanup of the shore and forest zone of the island and the mainland area on the lake Maloe More;
- Campaigning and awareness-raising work among the locals and tourists on the island and the Olkhon Gate passage connectin the larger Baikal with the minor Maloe More lake;
- Distribution of trash bags for glass and plastic among the locals, with accompanying info-sheets;
- Placement of info-boards by the Maloe More River Station (MRS) in the Sakhyurta village, explaining the rules of conduct on the Olkhon Island (in Russian, English, and Chinese)
The project is aimed at improving the ecological situation and bolstering the institute of civil inspectors on the Olkhon Island by means of strengthening
the communication channels between the locals, tourists, island administration, business sector, and the national park.
11 to 19 August Shumak Mountain
An eco trip to the sacred healing springs. The path runs along a picturesque trail, with a view of the Ekhe-Ger mountain river valley.
We will ride horses across the Shumak passage, which lies 2,870 m above sea level.
The path crosses the mountain valley, with a minimum ascent rate, so you can take your time to enjoy the beauty of the area.
The surrounding mountain peaks and the beautiful lake will be revealed to those who ascend the passage.
The view on the valley in good weather is truly enchanting! With the waterfalls rustling in the distance, the descent towards one of
the most beautiful and tallest of these falls will lead us across a huge passage in the midst of the mountains.
Then we will move on to the healing springs of Shumak, of which there are over 100, each with its own temperature and mineralization rate.
This area attracts lots of people from different countries every year, who come here both for healing and enjoying the wonderful nature.
We must do our best to preserve the area and inform the tourists that they need to care about nature and stop leaving trash behind.
During the trip, you will be provided with:
- a comfortable transfer (minibus on the island and horses in the mountains);
- cozy accommodation (yurts on the Olkhon Island and comfortable tents with air matrasses in the Shumak Mountains);
- 3х meals per day (café on the island and on the mountain, tasty camp food cooked on gas);
- T-shirts and baseball caps with the project logo;
- eco-friendly personal care items (toothpaste, soap, shampoo, cleaning agents);
- yoga, Chinese breathing exercises;
- a guide and a cook.
You won't have to worry about anything during the tour – the organizers will make sure you have a comfortable and cozy trip.
Don’t be late to register: there are only 10 places available!
Brief plan for each tour day
- Meetup in Irkutsk city center, boarding the comfortable minibus;
- During the trip to the island, we will visit the sacred sites and prepare for the Save Baikal event;
- We participate in the All-Russia Cleanup on the mainland and do awareness-raising work among the locals and tourists;
- After lunch, if you wish, you can take a bath and take part in the Save Baikal campaign closing;
- Evening program will be provided by astronomers with telescopes, and you will be able to experience the amazing beauty of the night sky.
- Morning yoga, breakfast, loading our baggage into the minibus;
- After breakfast, you will a get a tour around the Pribaikalsky National Park, where there are many picturesque places;
- After this informative excursion, we have a lunch and depart from the Olkhon Island for the mainland; the trip to Irkutsk takes 4 hrs;
- Upon arrival to Irkutsk, you check in at a hostel or a flat, according to your preferences, take a bath and prepare for a walk around the city;
- In the evening, a dinner awaits you at the city’s picturesque embankment.
- We have breakfast and study safety rules for the mountains, rules of conduct in nature, and first-aid techniques;
- A walk to the Irkutsk Botanical Garden. The garden is abundant with rare flora, both medicinal herbs and exotic plants;
- We leave the city for the Buryat Republic, driving to the Tunkinsky National Park, from where we will depart for the sacred sites;
- During the trip, we will take a lunch break at the skyline café on the coast of the Lake Baikal;
- Upon our arrival on the spot, we will set up a tent camp near the lakes and peaks of the Eastern Sayan Mountains.
- Morning washing procedures, special Sun Salutation yoga exercise, breakfast;
- A visit to the Buddhist temple (datsan) in the Nilova Pustyn Village, a prayer for a successful ascent of the mountain, start of the journey;
- On the first day, we will walk 7 hrs along the river Ekhe-Ger, with a lunchbreak, enjoying the magnificent mountain landscapes;
- We set up a camp near the Sayan heights; all the foods on this trip are packed in biodegradable package.
- Evening program by the fire with the amazing starlit sky above.
- Early rise at 7am, yoga, camp breakfast;
- We load all our things on the horses, carefully distributing the weight for each horse (food, things, equipment);
- The ascent continues across the mountain ranges, with the Shumak Passage situated 2,870 m above sea level awaiting us at the end;
- Having crossed the passage, we set up a tent camp, spreading out our tents to stay dry in case it rains;
- Dinner, relaxation to the accompaniment of local musical rites.
- Early rise at 7am, yoga, breakfast;
- Cleaning up the garbage left by the passing tourists in our area;
- Tour participants take part in setting up a camp under the supervision of an experienced instructor, as well as cooking camp food;
- We have now finally reached the great healing hot springs of Shumak, of which there are over 100;
- After a bath, we have dinner and spend the evening by the fire with live music.
- There is a special spiritual aura present on Shumak, and the environment here can heal not only physical, but also psychic maladies;
- Before noon, we clean up the area near the amazing cascades of the Marble Waterfalls created by nature itself;
- After lunch, you can have a rest or play entertaining sports games;
- You can also take another healing bath in the hot springs;
- Dinner and evening program.
- After breakfast, we take a trekking walk, cleaning up along the way, to the Sacred Pillars, located 6km down the river Shumak;
- This is the dwelling place of the spiritual guard of Shumak.
- Here, the elements of matter, energy, earth and sky all connect with each other in a special way;
- Many generations of ancestors venerated this place, having imbued it with the positive energy of their thoughts and feelings;
- Upon our return, having experienced this energy, we have a lunch and contemplate on what we’ve just seen.
- After lunch, we take a walk to the springs;
- Bath in the healing hot springs;
- Dinner, rest.
- In the morning, at sunrise, the view of the mountains and nearby area is majestic, with the Sayan peaks bathing in sunlight;
- Mounting the info-boards on the Shumak Mountain, containing the rules of conduct in nature and on the sacred site;
- A walk along the mountain trails ends with a lunchbreak;
- Bath in the healing hot springs;
- After dinner, you will be initiated as volunteers of the Lake Baikal and the Shumak Mountain.
- Early rise, morning exercises at 7am, breakfast;
- We pack our baggage, load it on our wonderful horses, and depart back to the Sayan Mountain bottom and the Nilova Pustyn Village;
- Lunch break;
- We set up our camp amidst the mountains;
- Dinner with songs by the fire.
- Early rise, morning exercises at 7am, breakfast;
- We continue to descend the mountain path down to the village, where a minibus awaits us, and load all our baggage into it;
- Lunch at the Zhemchug (Pearls) Resort Café;
- We take mud baths at the resort;
- Back to Irkutsk, dinner on our favorite embankment.
During the tour, the Save Baikal team will do much less harm to the environment than regular tourists, since we only use:
- Alternative solar energy;
- Biodegradable package;
- Eco-friendly cleaning agents.
Travel costs for 1 person for 11 days/10 nights are 35,000 Rubles (€ 500)
(this includes a transfer Irkutsk – Olkhon – Shumak – Irkutsk, accommodation, meals, and tour program)
After registration, you will receive a list of things you must take with you on the tour.
For more details call +7 916 496 07 33 Maxim